CSC Online Application for Study in China
Step 1: Apply at: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/
*Agency No: 10561 Type Category: B
Download <APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP> (pdf) and Print two copies.
Step 2: Apply at:http://scut.edu.cn/apply
Submit <APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP> (pdf) to the system.
All the master's or doctoral applicants should contact supervisors from professional school in SCUT via mail or interview.
The applicants who pass the assessment by supervisors, please ask the supervisors to sign a <pre-acceptance letters>.
Regarding how to contact the supervisor, please find the information via:
? https://yanzhao.scut.edu.cn/open/TutorList.aspx ?Chinese Version?
? http://www2.scut.edu.cn/sie_en/1197/list.htm ?English Version?
English-medium master programs, such as Electrical and Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering, Software Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering, does not need to find supervisors before applying. However, all the applicant' material should be assessed by professional schools. When the successful applicants study at professional schools, the schools will arrange the supervisors to guide the students.
Step 3: Following <The Checklist of SCUT Chinese Government Scholarship Application Material> to prepare your application material. Then please deliver your paper document to Admissions Office of School of International Education, SCUT.
The Checklist of SCUT Chinese Government Scholarship Application Material.pdf
The Delivery Address: Admissions Office, School of International Education, SCUT
Room 207, B1 Building, South China University of Technology, University Town Campus, Panyu District, Guangzhou. Postcode: 510006. Tel: 86-20-39381048 or 39381029 or 39382002.
4. Application Materials
(1) The Checklist of SCUT Chinese Government Scholarship Application Material
(2) APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
(3) SCUT APPLICATION FORM FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
(4) Front Page of Passport, Visa Page
(5) Highest diploma or Pre-graduate Certificate (original copy and notarized photocopy)
(6) Academic transcripts (original copy and notarized photocopy) (7) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (Chinese or English, no less than 500 words).
(8) Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate
(9) A pre-acceptance letter of supervisor issued by SCUT professors or associate professors
(10) The applicants of PhD have to submit Abstract(s) of Graduation Thesis (es) or
(11) One cassette records for those applying to music programs. Design protfolio for those applying to architecture programs.
(12) Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
(13) Regarding Language Certificate
Language requirements for Chinese-Medium Programs:
-New HSK Band 4 with scores above 180 for Science or Engineering studies;
-New HSK Band 5 with scores above 180 for Liberal Arts, Economics, or
Language requirements for English-Medium Programs (only for non-English
--TOEFL IBT 80 or above;
--IELTS 6.0 above or above.
Applications from English speaking countries:
A letter of English as medium of instruction issued by graduated universities or
*All documents mentioned should be in either Chinese or English.
*Translations of certificate and transcripts must be notarized.
*All documents must be true and legal